[GRASSLIST:9585] Output tiff format

Silvia Franceschi silvia.franceschi at ing.unitn.it
Tue Dec 20 04:43:01 EST 2005

Hi all,
I am trying to export a geotiff dtm from GRASS to visualize it with mapserver.
The problem is that if I export the geotiff with the r.out.tiff I can't
visualize it in mapserver.

I tried with Marcus' suggestions but the result doesn't change:
export with
r.out.tiff -t input=elevation.dem output=elevation.tif
convert -colors 256 elevation.tif elevation2.tif
and then use the elevation2.tif.

My map is a patched map of CELL.

If I am right mapserver uses the 8 bit maps and not the 32 bit, so I tried
using the option -p in r.out.tiff but I had this problem:

ERROR: Color map for palette must have less than 256 colors for the
available range of data

So I tried with the r.out.gdal and the type=Int16 but GRASS gives me the
following error:

ERROR 4: `~/grass/grassdata/location/mapset/cellhd/patch' not recognised as a
supported file format.

GDALOpen failed - 4
`~/grass/grassdata/location/mapset/cellhd/patch' not recognised as a supported
file format.

Do someone knows how I can't export with the gdal this map?
Or do someone knows how to prepare a tiff file for mapserver?

Thanks in advance

Silvia

HydroloGIS - Environmental Open Source Solutions
Via Siemens, 19
39100 Bolzano
www.hydrologis.com

Silvia Franceschi