[GRASSLIST:9589] Re: v.buffer: area boundary around line? Wanted: howto!

Otto Dassau dassau at gdf-hannover.de
Wed Dec 21 06:17:50 EST 2005

Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2005 11:22 schrieb Wolfgang Qual:
> Hi List,

Hi,

> I tried to create a new area boundary around a line theme. Thought it would
> be easy to do it like this:
>
> v.buffer in=ausschnitt out=buff_ausschnitt bufcol=gesamtbr type=boundary

I also tried with the spearfish location and a CVS snapshot from today and got
similar strange results, where the lines (roads) describe a closed ring.

v.buffer in=roads out=roadsbuf buffer=20 type=line

  Otto

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Office Hannover     -      Mengendamm 16d    -     D - 30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de,               Email: info at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49.(0)511.39088507,              Fax: ++49.(0)511.39088508