[GRASSLIST:9650] adding tables or creating new maps

Kirk Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Tue Dec 27 13:03:41 EST 2005

Happy holidays everyone!

Quick question. I want to add a new table to a vector layer. The
table already exists in postgres (already populated), and I want to
add it as a new layer to vector A. Is this a job for v.db.addtable?

on the other hand, since I created the table in postgres by joining
two other tables. I could actually replace the existing table 1 that
the vector map is linked to. In this case, should I really looking at
creating a new map with v.in.db (two of the columns/attributes in the
new table are x and y coordinates)?

Thanks,

Kirk