[GRASSLIST:5595] RE: how run out of grass

Miguel A. Altamirano del C mgaac at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 1 14:21:16 EST 2005

to include the library path was good but now i get the
following error:

ERROR: Cannot get GIS_LOCK enviroment variable value
ERROR: Cannot get GIS_LOCK enviroment variable value
Problem selecting x1. Will try once more
ERROR: Cannot get GIS_LOCK enviroment variable value

How i can solve this problem, if i'm working in suse
9.0 with grass6.0

Thanks for any help

 --- Eric Pante <ericpante at hotmail.com> escribió:
> hello miguel,
>
> I actually have to do the same thing with grass... I
> took your script and
> ran it on my machine; I don't know waht ia the error
> message you received,
> but mine said that the library libgrass_gis.so could
> not be found.
>
> I fixed the problem by adding the following lines
> after the ETC= and PATH=
> .... lines :
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GISBASE/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GISBASE/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> that way grass finds the libraries. next you need to
> add LD_LIBRARY and
> DYLD_LIBRARY to the export line, as:
>
> export GISBASE GISDBASE ETC PATH GISRC
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> this made the script to work on my machine,
>
> hope this help,
> eric pante

> <DIV align=left>Eric Pante</DIV>
> <DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Graduate Student in
> Marine Biology</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV align=left><FONT size=2>Grice Marine
> Laboratory</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV align=left><FONT size=2>205 Fort Johnson,
> Charleston SC
> 29412</FONT></DIV>
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DIV align=center><EM>On ne force pas la curiosité,
> on l'éveille.</EM></DIV>
> <DIV align=center>Daniel Pennac</DIV>
> <DIV>
> <TABLE width="100%" border=0>
> <TBODY>
> <TR>
> <TD vAlign=top align=left>
> <P align=center><FONT face="Lucida Handwriting,
> Cursive"
> size=2><STRONG></P></STRONG></FONT>
> <P

align=center>&nbsp;</P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
> <DIV>
> <TABLE width="100%" border=0>
> <TBODY>
> <TR>
> <TD vAlign=top

align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV></DIV></div></html>

=====
LCA Miguel A. Altamirano del C.
"Los Mexicanos llevamos la fiesta en la garganta"

Tel. 01(232)32 45208

La belleza de la meteorología radica en saber
pronosticarla y no simplemente en estudiarla
      (Miguel A. Altamirano 28-5-00)