[GRASSLIST:5597] problem loading grass data in qgis

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Tue Feb 1 21:39:49 EST 2005

Sorry if this is inappropriate place to post this, but it was suggested
I try here on qgis irc.

I have grass60.cvs  (approximately one week old) compiled and
functioning properly (so far from what I've been able to discern).  I
also have qgis 0.6.0 built from source with grass plugin enabled.
Launching qgis from a shell (not inside grass) works fine until I try to
load a Grass vector layer, where it crashes with...

error_routine (fatal = 1): GISRC - variable not set

Additional info.  If I `export GISRC=~/.grassrc6`

..which looks like...

$ cat .grassrc6
GISDBASE: /home/jvarga/GISDATA
LOCATION_NAME: spearfish57
MAPSET: PERMANENT
GRASS_GUI: tcltk

...and then launch qgis from a shell, I get a (Qt/qgis) warning dialog
that says...

"Cannot read current region: Is invalid line 1|: <-top:    |->

(actually, I get this twice after clicking "ok" first time).  I seem to
still be able to load Grass raster data, but when I try to load grass
vector data qqis crashes with (shell) error...

ERROR 1: libgrass: Cannot find vector archsites at PERMANENT

Lastly, if I load qgis from within grass shell, I get same Qt/Qgis
warning dialog from above (Cannot read current region: Is invalid line

Has anyone experienced this behavior?  Is there something wrong in my
.grassrc6 file?  Where is the GISRC variable documented?

TIA,

Jack Varga