[GRASSLIST:5603] Re: [Qgis-user] problem loading grass data in qgis

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Wed Feb 2 03:36:17 EST 2005

Most probably all the problems are caused by libgrass. libgrass and
GRASS6 have different functions with the same names.
You have probably compiled gdal with libgrass and when the plugin in
QGIS try to call a function from GRASS6 it actually ends up with old
function from libgrass. You have to compile GDAL with GRASS6, i.e. use
--with-grass instead of --with-libgrass.

This should solve
 > error_routine (fatal = 1): GISRC - variable not set
and
 > ERROR 1: libgrass: Cannot find vector archsites at PERMANENT

it will solve also
 > "Cannot read current region: Is invalid line 1|: <-top:    |->

but you should know that region file in GRASS6 was extended to 3D
so you cannot read region files created in GRASS6 in GRASS5 or libgrass.

Radim