[GRASSLIST:5598] EPSG codes at startup

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Feb 1 23:25:40 EST 2005

Paolo,

Because I don't use EPSG, I hadn't looked at the EPSG startup and so replied
in ignorance. It turns out that there IS a list of EPSG codes that you can
browse and select from...and it is VERY long. Still, it is very much what
you were wishing for. You also have the option of making a new EPSG location
that is not on the list it seems. I am copying the list to make sure that
others know about this alternate (and possibly easier) way of setting up a
location.

Also, I want to note that the startup help--called by the appropriately
named "help" button when GRASS starts up ;-) --is a pretty nice piece of
information for new users. Furthermore, Markus set it up in what appears to
be an extensible help system. So if anyone wants to build on this to make
additional startup help topics, it should be doable.

Michael
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402