[GRASSLIST:5599] FW: grass-6.0.cvs_src_snapshot_2005_01_29 compilation, programm error?

Jan Bartholdy mailing_list at jan-bartholdy.de
Tue Feb 1 23:54:11 EST 2005

Hi,
thanks for the help, Hamish. I had problems to compile Grass6.0 because of
missing GDAL. After the compilation of GEDAL and to copy gdal-config into
the /usr/local/bin folder, the error was fixed. The "./configure" stopts
again because of missing FFTW. The compilation of FFTW does not help, but
"CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure --without-fftw" orks and compilation, make
and make install worked fine, without errors.

Unfortunately, whes I start startx & window and type grass60, Grass does not
start and give the following messages:

$grass60
Searching for web browser, but neither konqueror, nor mozilla, opera,
netscape found.
Cleaning up temporary files.
/usr/local/grass-6.0.cvs/etc/clean_temp: not found
Starting GRASS...
Error in startup script: couldn't read file
"/usr/local/grass-6.0.cvs/etc/gis_set.tcl": no such file or directory
Error in Tcl/Tk startup. If necessary, please report this error to the GRASS
developers.
Switchinh to text mode now.
Hit return to continue...
/usr/local/grass-6.0.cvs/etc/set_data: not found

Wwat could be wrong? Thanks a lot, Jan