[GRASSLIST:5607] Raster 2 Vector

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 06:20:45 EST 2005

Hi The Grass family,
Grass5.7 has added so many userfriendly menus that it
is attracting many a geologist used to ARC-INFO.
THAT IS VICTORY ENOUGH.

Pl give info
1. In the Display Manager can I bring in a bit map
JPEG
and DIGITISE it with the nice menus U gave.
2. Any solution for importing 'e00 files'.

3. My installation of GRASS5.7 failed me to open a
JPEG bit map using
r.in.bin
r.in.gdal

When I fill in the menu it says
undefined symbol

IS MY GRASS5.7 INSTALLATION OK.. I doubt.. The menus
and all work fine. Is there an acid test for this.

thanks in anticipation
Ravi