[GRASSLIST:5616] using GRASS on different nodes of a beowulf cluster

Eric Pante ericpante at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:17:31 EST 2005

Dear listers,

I am trying to launch grass jobs from different nodes of a beowulf cluster.
I wrote a main script containing operations that each node need to perform:
    main.sh begins:
     nohup rsh node0 " ... "&
     nohup rsh node1 " ... "&
     nohup rsh node3 " ... "&
   end of this script
When I launch it, I get a "done" message, however only the first node start
working. Removing the first node from the list in main.sh gives me a "exit"
message when I launch main.sh

I guess this is related to the fact that one cannot have more than one
terminal open with grass running. The grass webpage mention that grass does
not work yet on beowulf, I though I could solve the problem by embedding
everything in a bash script that would run without starting grass (at least
we don't see it start). Is there a way around this problem?

thanks in advance,
eric pante