[GRASSLIST:5620] Re: raster reprojection

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Wed Feb 2 15:07:32 EST 2005

Samuel, I think I know your problem.  You might not know your new
region coordinates, especialy if say you are going from a lat long to a
mercator projection.  I wish there was a simple flag in r.proj to
account for this, but for a variety of reasons (see archives if you're
interested) it can't happen.

Workaround hack:
In location 1, set your region to the raster with
g.region rast=yourmap

Make a vector that conforms to this region with
v.mkgrid map=newvect grid=1,1 position=region

Exit location 1, open location 2 run v.proj for your new region vector
Your region does NOT need to be set to run v.proj, only for r.proj.

Change your region to match the vector with
g.region vect=newvect

Now that your region is set (you will still need to figure out the
correct resolution on your own), you can run r.proj.

G'luck
-Ian