[GRASSLIST:5651] Re: Rast 2 Vect, not supported in GRASS5.7?

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 01:29:14 EST 2005

Sir,
1. I mean creating vector with a BIT MAP (JPG) BEHIND
2. Is there no automatic vectorisation supported in GRASS5.0 itself.
    the way we used GRASS5.0 for automatically turning all the features into vectors
    for optically scanned maps (bitmap) images.

3. Raster becomes RASTER in grass after using GDAL, NOW
    in GRASS5.0 we did it on the fly directly.. what ever happened to that wonderful provision, Iam sure it is there still in GRASS5.7 (am I right), but am unable to locate the right approach.

Ravi
Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:
On Fri, February 4, 2005 5:49, RAVI KUMAR said:
> Hi all,
> Rast 2 Vect, not supported in GRASS5.7?, am I supposed to go to other free
> software for this.

Have you checked r.to.vect ?

http://grass.itc.it/grass60/manuals/html60_user/r.to.vect.html

Moritz