[GRASSLIST:5652] Re: Importing Data.

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 01:36:13 EST 2005

Hardeep
1. Save the ARC-INFO files as SHAPE files
2. Open a NEW location in the 1st menu, just take XY coordinate system, accept what ever prompts are give, for region.
3. U will find this file as a vector added to Ur dataset.
IMPORT it with '-o' in the command.
4. Go to the GIS menu and set this vector as a region.

There U have a nice GRASS5.7 vector from ARC-INFO.

Ravi
 Hardeep Singh Rai <hardeep at eml.cc> wrote:

I am new to GIS and I like to borrow a data set from a person who uses
_ARC_GIS_8.3.

I have installed GRASS 5.7 on Linux. Data in which format I should seek
from ARC user, so that I can easily use it in GRASS 5.7.
--
H.S.Rai
Alternate Email: hsrai at gmx.net