[GRASSLIST:5668] Re: Contributing for Grass Man Pages

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon Feb 7 18:56:38 EST 2005

Dear Eric,
(cc to the lists, in case others might feel inspired)

On Sun, February 6, 2005 0:57, Patton, Eric said:
> Greetings Moritz,
>
> I've been thinking for some about emailing you about how I could contribute
> to writing/improving Grass manual pages. As I'm sure you'll agree, the Grass
> 6.0 manual pages need a lot of work to bring the up to the same standard as
> the Grass 5.3 pages. It looks like most of them were written by Radim!
>
> I have been using Grass for almost 3 years now. I wouldn't consider myself a
> 'power' user, but I do use Grass 5.4/6.0 daily for production work in
> geoscience mapping and seafloor benthic habitat mapping. I would be glad to
> write man pages for at least the programs I'm familiar with. I'll admit that
> there are many Grass programs that I've never used before, but I'm willing
> to take the time to experiment with the functionality to write the pages.
>
> Anyway, let me know what the best approach or method would be for me to
> take.

Thank you for offering your help. I would call three years of daily use quite
a good level of experience !

I wrote a little Howto for contributions to man pages:
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/ManContribHowTo

Please tell me if it is clear and complete enough or if you need more info.

Moritz