[GRASSLIST:5680] configure options

Kenneth Cabrera krcabrer at unalmed.edu.co
Tue Feb 8 14:49:17 EST 2005

Hi GRASS users:

I'm trying to compiling GRASS(6.0.0beta2) in Scientific Linux
(http://linux.web.cern.ch/linux/scientific3/) and I don't have
any problem with the following ./configure options:
--with-blas
--with-lapack
--with-obdc
--with-motif
--with-glw
--with-nls
--with-cxx
But I got problems with
--with-mysql (And SL (Scientific Linux) has MySQL installed.
also with
--with-readline,--with-freetype
I verify with the synaptic application and apt-get that
ReadLine and FreeType are installed.
What am I missing?
Where to locate the Readline and the FreeType library?
 From where can I download the appropiate .rpm file to install those
libraries?

When I use --with-readline option I got:
checking whether to use Readline... yes
checking for location of Readline includes...
checking for readline/readline.h... yes
checking for readline/history.h... yes
checking for location of Readline library...
checking for readline in -lreadline... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate Readline library.

When I use --with-freetype option I got:
checking whether to use FreeType... yes
checking for location of FreeType includes...
checking for ft2build.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate FreeType includes.

When I use --with-mysql option, I got:
checking whether to use PostgreSQL... yes
checking for location of PostgreSQL includes...
checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
checking for location of PostgreSQL library...
checking for PQsetdbLogin in -lpq... yes
checking for PQcmdTuples in -lpq... yes
checking whether to use MySQL... yes
checking for location of MySQL includes...
checking for mysql.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate MySQL includes.

Thank you very much for your help.
Kenneth