[GRASSLIST:5682] Re: configure options

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Tue Feb 8 15:50:47 EST 2005

For readline support, there are a few missing symbols (tgetnum, tgoto,
etc.) in GNU's (linux's) libreadline.so implementation that can be had
with other libraries including libncurses.so, (which you should have),
libtinfo.so and libtermcap.so (which you may not have).

By forcing inclusion of libncurses.so as an LDFLAG configuration
parameter...

env F77=g77 \
	CFLAGS='-mtune=athlon-tbird -O2 -Wall' \
	CXXFLAGS='-mtune=athlon-tbird -02' \
	LDFLAGS='-lncurses -s' \
		./configure \
			--with-options...

...this should allow you to compile in readline support.  This is fairly
well documented in the GRASSLIST archive if you search for 'readline`

Regarding MySQL support, while I currently don't use it, I believe
either the MySQL libs or includes are not in the standard location, but
a subdirectory of that.  You'll have to check...

$ ls -ld /usr/lib/mysql* /usr/include/mysql*

Once you've figured out their location include that in the appropriate
configure argument...

--with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql  # for example

-jv