[GRASSLIST:5703] Looking for a few good screenshots.

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Feb 9 18:55:05 EST 2005

It looks like the screenshot pages for GRASS 6 that I did are up and running
fine now. I¹m back in the office and so can upload new screenshots. Take a
look at the screenshots and see what could be improved.

I¹m looking for a few (4-6) shots of raster operations, and a few of 3D and
NVIZ. Vector looks pretty good, but I¹d put up some new ones if they someone
has something eye-catching. The same with the general section.

The idea is to make screenshots that show GRASS 6 in operation and are nice
(maybe even stunning) graphics. We want to show potential users what the
program can do.

I don¹t want to crash my mailbox so here are a couple of VERY IMPORTANT
guidelines.

1. the files should be sent as COMPRESSED (I use a Mac, so tar.gz, sit, or
even zip are OK)
2. I need 2 files for each image.
-The first is a thumbnail that is <15 kb in size. It would be nice if the
largest dimension is 200 pixels.
-The second is the main image, but still needs to be <100kb so that it won't
take forever to load over a modem connection.
-For files with lots of colors, jpg's are best.
-For files that have fewer colors but show menus and lines, png's are
better.

I'd love it if there was a place on the GRASS WIKI for these that I could
select from. But for now, you can send them to me if I don't get too many.

Cheers,
Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402