[GRASSLIST:5707] Re: Looking for a few good screenshots.

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Feb 10 05:52:14 EST 2005

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 04:55:05PM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> I don¹t want to crash my mailbox so here are a couple of VERY IMPORTANT
> guidelines.
>
> 1. the files should be sent as COMPRESSED (I use a Mac, so tar.gz, sit, or
> even zip are OK)

Just for your information:
jpeg and png images are usually compressed
in a way that they will not be compressed anymore by other more
generic compression algorithms.

> -For files with lots of colors, jpg's are best.
> -For files that have fewer colors but show menus and lines, png's are
> better.

For schreenshots I recommend to not use jpgs,
as the compression artifacts often make the lesser viewing experience,
unless you have natural images like from a foto camera.

Bernhard