[GRASSLIST:5705] Re: projection conversion

Abhijit Menon-Sen ams at wiw.org
Thu Feb 10 02:20:52 EST 2005

At 2005-02-10 07:29:48 +0100, hellik at web.de wrote:

> i would need the points in a latitude-longitude format (geographic
> coordinate system). but i´m not sure about the procedure to get it:

If all you want to do is convert the coordinates, you don't need to go
through GRASS at all. Just use the cs2cs program from the proj package
to do something like this:

    cs2cs +proj=... +ellps=bessel
          +to +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84

(I don't know what proj= parameter to use for your grid. See cs2cs -lp
and the cs2cs manual page.)

> with greetings from the snowy tyrol

I once walked a couple of kilometres along the snowy road from Füssen to
Tirol. :-)

-- ams