[GRASSLIST:5718] Re: mpeg_encode: can't load dynamic linker

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Feb 10 14:07:31 EST 2005

Jachym Cepicky wrote:

> I wanted to produce some mpeg movie with NVIZ, but the mpeg_encode says:
>
>     /mpeg_encode: can't load dynamic linker '/lib/ld.so'

That suggests that your mpeg_encode executable was built for a
relativly old Linux distribution (i.e. one which uses libc5, maybe
even libc4).

It might be possible to get it to run by installing some kind of
"compat" package.

Or it may not, depending on just how old the mpeg_encode binary is.

> I tryed to make the symlink (/lib/ld.so -> ld-2.3.2.so), but it didn't help.

It won't. ld-2.3.2.so is the glibc-2 (aka. libc6) loader; it isn't
compatible with older versions of libc.