[GRASSLIST:5725] v.sample vs. s.ample

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Thu Feb 10 18:09:42 EST 2005

Greetings!

i have used s.sample in GRASS 54 to take subsamples of raster data at
predefined points of interest -- and it works perfectly!!

However, in GRASS60 v.sample seems to have some troublesome required
parameters...

For example. I have a line, freshly digitized, but without any attribute data.
I create points along this line with v.to.points. The resulting points have
no attributes either. When trying to sample a raster along these points
v.sample dies complaining about not being able to find a field (i think that
it means "layer" and thus no attributes...). this is what i expected, as the
input points vector has no attribute table.

Would it be possible to add a mode to v.sample, that would simply sample a
rast at the points in question, similar to how s.sample operated?

I submitted a wish on the RT system as well.

Thanks!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis