[GRASSLIST:5743] Re: legend colors from shapefile

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 00:03:11 EST 2005

> I'm working with a geological map that I imported from a shapefile
> with v.in.ogr. The thing is: what is the best way to have this map
> displayed with the same colors  I used to have in ArcView? Is there a
> way to import the legend (.avl) file?

shape file imported as vector map:

Create a GRASS_RGB column and use it with 'd.vect -a'.
(you'll probably need to write a little script to do this)
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass60/manuals/html60_user/d.vect.html

shape file imported and converted into raster map:

write a script to make a rules file. see 'r.colors color=rules'
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass60/manuals/html60_user/r.colors.html

Please report any success!

Hamish