[GRASSLIST:5749] Re: Creating DTM from shapefiles

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Feb 12 17:06:35 EST 2005

On Fri, February 11, 2005 18:58, Michael Barton said:
> We just tested v.append with a set of vector files derived from DGN CAD
> maps, imported into a UTM region with a WGS84 datum. It worked just fine,
> combining both the vectors and attribute tables as I hoped. It (ogr2ogr that
> is) automatically renamed the cat field to cat_ because, as Moritz notes, it
> automatically creates a sequential cat value for the new vector file.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are saying above, but the
problem was not in ogr2ogr, but in v.in.ogr which automatically creates a cat
column as well which then conflicts with any existing column named "cat" in
the .dbf file.

There might be a way around this in v.in.ogr which I haven't grasped yet.

Moritz