[GRASSLIST:5761] Re: beta2: problems with shape import and v.surf.rst

Carlos Henrique Grohmann guano at usp.br
Mon Feb 14 11:46:13 EST 2005

Hello all,

So, despite the problems with big shape files, I decided to try with a smaller
one. The problems persist. when I try to call v.surf.rst from the GUI, when I
click over it I get:

>child process exited abnormally
>child process exited abnormally
>    while executing
>"exec -- v.surf.rst >@ stdout 2>@ stderr"
>    ("eval" body line 1)
>    invoked from within
>"eval exec -- $cmd $args >@ stdout 2>@ stderr"
>    (procedure "run" line 2)
>    invoked from within
>"run v.surf.rst"
>    invoked from within
>".#menubar.#menubar#menu3.#menubar#menu3#menu26 invoke active"
>    ("uplevel" body line 1)
>    invoked from within
>"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke active]"
>    (procedure "tkMenuInvoke" line 47)
>    invoked from within
>"tkMenuInvoke .#menubar.#menubar#menu3.#menubar#menu3#menu26 1
v"
>    (command bound to event)

and in the terminal:

>ERROR: Required parameter <input> not set:
>    (Name of the vector file with input data).

but how could I give the input if the window didn't even open?

and, If I try to call it from the terminal:...

>GRASS 6.0.0beta2:~ > v.surf.rst input=cn_clip3d layer=0 zcolumn=ELEV
elev=teste

>Authors: original version -  H.Mitasova, L.Mitas, I. Kosinovsky, D.P. Gerdes
>See manual pages for reference and publications
>Percent complete: Reading lines from vector map ... Warning: some points
outside of region -- will >ignore...
> 100%
>Reading nodes from vector map ...  100%
> 100%
>Warning: strip exists with insufficient data
>
>Warning: there are points outside specified region--ignored 25362 points
>
>The number of points from vector file is 1464201
>The number of points outside of region 25362
>The number of points being used is 1438839
>
>Processing all selected output files
>will require 1530928 bytes of disk space for temp files
>Percent complete: Warning: taking too long to find points for
interpolation--please change the >region to area where your points are.
Continuing calculations...
>G_ludcmp() failed! n=0
>ERROR: Interp_segmets failed
>GRASS 6.0.0beta2:~

the points are there, inside the region, so how could it not find them???

Please help

thanks

          Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
   Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
        Linux User #89721  - guano at usp dot br