[GRASSLIST:5797] Re: v.in.e00 import error

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Feb 16 03:59:58 EST 2005

On Tue, February 15, 2005 18:14, Giacomo Bertoldi said:
> Hi,
> I would like to import a e00 file, but i got the error:
>
> v.in.e00 -v file=/Users/giacomo/Desktop/Finland/20688/dnpoint.e00
> type=point vect=dnpoint
> E00 ASCII found and converted to Arc Coverage in current directory
> Importing...
> ERROR: Cannot open data source
> An error occurred. Stop.
>
> I'm sure that the path and permissions are correct.
> I'm using the GRASS 6.0.CVS version with binaries for Mac X compiled by
> Lorenzo Moretti with version date 050212.

I have had the same problem on Debian. Markus traced the problem down to the
avcimport program (which is used in v.in.e00). When I launch it creates a
coverage directory, but the file within it is tiny and is thus not correct.

I have tried recompiling avcimport but this does not solve the problem. I have
already sent a mail to avcimport's author, but haven't received any reply from
him.

I would be interesting to see if there are some files for which it works and
others for which it doesn't. That might allow us to identify the problem.

Moritz