[GRASSLIST:5870] Looking for Advice on Buffering

Nathan Wales natedog_mo at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 23:38:50 EST 2005

I have been working with Grass 6.0 to try to output elevation values from a
raster map at specific intervals from coordinates. I have been sucessful at
getting coordinates into Grass. However, I have not found a way to create
buffers or concentric circles that overlap and maintain the centroid
attribute. I want to have the circles in miles (like in the raster buffer)
rather than map units (like in the vector buffer). I am willing to try to
write code for a solution, but I have limited experience.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I should approach this task?

Thanks for taking the time to read this message, and for briefly thinking
about it.

Cheers,
Nathan