[GRASSLIST:5903] Patchin big rasters in grass: how big can they be?

Carlos Henrique Grohmann guano at usp.br
Thu Feb 24 12:13:01 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to patch two big raster files (trying to produce a srtm map of
Brazil), in a region of 48600 rows and 51600 cols. the mas are about 1.6Gb
each. My grass was compiled with

CFLAGS="-O3 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall" LDFLAGS="-s"

but r.patch gives me an error, like: can't write to collumn 31376...

is there a limitation of the raster size?

thanks in advance

Carlos

          Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
   Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
        Linux User #89721  - guano at usp dot br