[GRASSLIST:5921] Re: 6.0.0beta2 configure failure

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 27 16:33:41 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Hamish wrote:

> Redhat/Fedora? there is a problem there.

   No. Slackware.

> Missing readline isn't a big deal, only used by r.mapcalc I think. Don't
> worry about it, just leave off --with-readline. see

   Well, mapcalc is important. And, I got this fixed by using the
--with-readline option. Without explicit instructions the build couldn't
find it.

> Build GDAL without GRASS support. This is for when you would like GDAL to
> read GRASS maps without actually having GRASS installed. You can compile
> the plugin later if needed (eg for QGIS or Mapserver).

   That's what I did. And thank you for explaing what function the GRASS
support serves in GDAL.

> GRASS requires fftw 2.x not 3.x, until we have a volunteer to update the
> code. see REQUIREMENTS.html.

   I missed that. Don't do satellite imagery much anyway.

> In general, look at the end of config.log to see what the exact problems
> are.

   Forgot about this, too.

Thanks,

Rich