[GRASSLIST:5260] convert points to lines: possible documentation update / wiki ?

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 6 02:49:31 EST 2005

Greetings!

I was playing around with some point data that I collected from a GPS
track... and was wondering what it would take to convert the set of points
to a set of connected line segments.

After reading through the documentation on v.in.ascii (5.7), and little
bit of playing around I was able to get what I wanted.

Perhaps it would be helpful to add a small note to the v.in.ascii manual
page explaining the concept of geometry primitives:

for example:

L 100
x1 y1
x2 y2

..really means that you are defining a line, and the next 100 points make
up this line. Maybe this is well known, but it certainly wasn't
immediately apparent to me...

...just some thoughts.

any ideas on how to do this in a more efficient manner?

thanks!

Dylan