[GRASSLIST:5291] grass and geology

Vincent Godard godard at mailhost.geologie.ens.fr
Tue Jan 11 11:42:40 EST 2005

Hi,

I am a new grass user and I would like to know if it is possible to use grass
to deal with geological data, i.e. plane orientations, lineations...
Has someone already done that kind of things and would be ready to share his
experience?

By the way I am having some troubles while importing shapfiles with v.in.ogr,
when I run the command:

v.in.ogr dsn=/home/vincent/Longmen_Shan-data/Geologie/geologic_age.shp
output=geologie layer=geologic_age min_area=0.0001 snap=0.001 -o

 I am getting the following error message:

DBMI-DBF driver error:
Column 'GLG' already exists (duplicate name)
Cannot create table.
Error in db_execute_immediate()

ERROR: Cannot create table: create table geologie (cat integer, AREA double
       precision, GLG varchar ( 5 ), GLG varchar ( 5 ), DESCRIPTIO varchar
( 32 ))

It seems that there is a problem with my .dbf file but I don't know what.

Thanks in advance,

Vincent.

--
 Vincent Godard