[GRASSLIST:5316] updating problems grass57

Francesco Mirabella mirabell at unipg.it
Wed Jan 12 05:03:46 EST 2005

hi grass users list!

I am trying to update my cvs grass installation but I have some problems
with grass 57.
Apparently, the problem is only with 57, not with 53.

I am working on debian woody.
I updated, then <./configure ..(with options)>, than <make>, and <make install>

Everything seems fine but when I start grass57 and try to use d.commands
(e.g. d.vect vector..      d.info map=vector..) I get a "segmentation
fault" and nothing else.

I have not tried other commands so I don not know if it is a problem
only with d.commands, but g.region works for example.

There is also some problem with d.rast:
after running g.region rast=raster_map, when I run d.rast raster_map the
map seems to load (percentages which indicate loading appears), but no
map is displayed.

any help??

Francesco Mirabella,
Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Sismologia e Tettonofisica, Roma (Italy)
contact c/o:
Structural Geology and Geophysics
address: University of Perugia,
Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra
Piazza Universita', 1 06100 Perugia (Italy)
tel: ++39.(0)75.585 2651
fax: ++39.(0)75.585 2603
e-mail: mirabell at unipg.it
web: http://www.unipg.it/~mirabell/