[GRASSLIST:5354] Re: plot 2 components

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 23:52:06 EST 2005

> If i have in file two components and wish to plot the
> resultant, how i can do it???
> The data already i did read with v.in.ascii, my data
> file have five columns, one for lat, lon, X component,
> Y component, Cat, so how plot X and Y component to
> generate a map with vector resultant???

perhaps it is fairly easy (for a C programmer) to modify
'd.vect.chart ctype=pie' in single column bubble plot mode to plot an
arrow/barb rather than a circle?

otherwise you could do sqrt(x^2+y^2) before loading into grass and then
at least get magnitude in the above bubble plot manner.

or some fancy d.graph or d.mapgraph scripting.

Hamish