[GRASSLIST:5408] Re: labels and contours

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 18:56:35 EST 2005

> i've generated a contour map with v.surf.rst,
> r.contour and v.to.rast, so i have a contour raster
> map but i want to display the values of these contours
> close to the lines but i don't, how can i do it???

GRASS 5.7:
 v.labels -> ps.map
 d.paint.labels?  does it work with v.labels or is it orphaned?
 d.vect display= ...

v.to.rast will only make it ugly if only needed for display.

No question GMT makes prettier maps, but ps.map does quite nicely I think.
  http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/

Could someone who knows how add a howto for export from GRASS to GMT to
the wiki?
  http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassFAQPage

Hamish