[GRASSLIST:5410] Re: labels and contours

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Mon Jan 17 19:39:07 EST 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 03:56 pm, Hamish wrote:
> > i've generated a contour map with v.surf.rst,
> > r.contour and v.to.rast, so i have a contour raster
> > map but i want to display the values of these contours
> > close to the lines but i don't, how can i do it???
>
> GRASS 5.7:
>  v.labels -> ps.map
>  d.paint.labels?  does it work with v.labels or is it orphaned?
>  d.vect display= ...
>
> v.to.rast will only make it ugly if only needed for display.
>

> No question GMT makes prettier maps, but ps.map does quite nicely I think.
>   http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/
>

> Could someone who knows how add a howto for export from GRASS to GMT to
> the wiki?
>   http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/GrassFAQPage

Sure thing. it might take me a couple of days to get it done.

In the meantime I have started documenting it here:
http://169.237.35.250/~dylan/grass_user_group/

and some examples here:
http://169.237.35.250/~dylan/gmt/

... i will try and get some done by tonight.

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis