[GRASSLIST:5421] questions with vectors in grass6

Carlos Henrique Grohmann guano at usp.br
Tue Jan 18 10:18:09 EST 2005

Hello all, I am in an 'experience' time with grass6beta and there are some
questions:

I have a political map of south america, and I'd like to create a raster mask of
it, but when I convert to raster, only the lines are there. In GRASS 5.4 there
was a command, v.line2area, that was perfect for it. How to do it in 6.0?
Can I merge all polygons in a single one? how?

thanks in advance

Carlos
          Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
   Geologist M.Sc - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
        Linux User #89721  - guano at usp dot br