[GRASSLIST:5470] Re: vectors in NVIZ

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Jan 21 11:30:32 EST 2005

Dylan,

I just checked my GRASS 6.0.0 beta1 version. NVIZ displays vectors just
fine. I could view them as flat or following the surface and the z factor
raised or lowered them above the surface correctly. There are a couple of
caveats, especially if you are using a slightly older version.

1. NVIZ does not display vector areas. They used to crash NVIZ, but now they
just don't display. If you want to display areas you either need to
    -transform them to boundaries (i.e., lines) and display the outlines of
the areas, or
    -transform them to raster coverages and use the coverage as the color
drape over your surface.

2. Vector lines display under the "vector" panel of old NVIZ. In the new
NVIZ, this panel is called "vector lines" to make this clear. Vector points
display under the "sites" panel of old NVIZ. Again, in the current version,
this is called the "vector points" panel to make the clear.

Michael

On 1/20/05 3:50 PM, "Dylan Beaudette" <dylan at iici.no-ip.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In the last couple of GRASS 5.7-CVS  versions (as of a couple of weeks ago)
> vectors are not being displayed in NVIZ... they either show up flat at z=0,
> or not at all... I have checked to make sure that the appropriate settings
> are correct, and am not sure what is going on...
>
> Any ideas?

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA