[GRASSLIST:5477] Re: grass60 in command line?

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Fri Jan 21 15:31:45 EST 2005

My apologies, since your question was in reply to my post on
hexadecimal colors, I thought your were making a connection between the
two.
On Jan 21, 2005, at 2:15 PM, samuel cavalcante wrote:

> well,
>  my very poor third world english...

No worries

> and my poor knowledge of computer stuffs...

don't we all...

> can i not use the grass60 graphic interface...?

yes

> is it possible run grass60 without any graphic interface?

yes.. for the most part

> i tried to use the command line but always a box appears to be
> clicked....

What commands are you trying to run. most grass modules can run either
with a GUI or from the command line (a few such as v.digit and a few of
the image modules) require a gui). Let the list know what modules you
are trying to run and I (or someone with more experience than I) will
try and help.

> clear?
> it´s more comfortable to me use the keyboard ...

> thanks
> samuel
>
> "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers at umn.edu> wrote:
>
> On Jan 21, 2005, at 11:47 AM, samuel cavalcante wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > i´d like do run grass60 interactively and/or non-interactively in
> > terminal command line mode..is that possible?
>
> What are you trying to say here?
>
> > samuel
> >
> > "Kirk R. Wythers" wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me if GRASS can deal with hexadecimal color codes
> > (something like 0100FFAA)? I have a ascii vector file that contains
> > hexadecimal color codes for the lines and polygons. I am writing a
> > small program that converts that ascii vector file (which was output
> > from another gis package) into the v.in.ascii format, and I wonder if
> > can retain that information.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kirk
> >
> > Kirk R. Wythers