[GRASSLIST:5480] Re: Any books useful for GRASS 6 ?

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Fri Jan 21 18:19:21 EST 2005

I find the text:

Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach
Neteler and Miasova
2nd edition

very well done and useful. It is very hard for any printed document to
keep up with a project the size of GRASS. Already there have been
numerous changes since the 2nd edition came out (not to mention the
Neteler and Mitasova's book was focused on the 53 line of GRASS). That
being said however, it is a good place to start. Also cross referencing
with online documentation and turtorials is useful.

Hope this helps

krw

On Jan 21, 2005, at 4:26 PM, Jason Joines wrote:

> 	I've seen references to a book based on GRASS 5.3 in this list and on
> the website.  Would it be useful to someone who hasn't used GRASS
> before and is about to jump in with GRASS 6 beta 1?  If not, any other
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason Joines

Kirk R. Wythers