[GRASSLIST:5506] Re: help!!! remove isles

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 23:30:05 EST 2005

> I have a map where I have to remove all the isles present inside other
> big poligons...
>
> in some previous e-mails someone said to use v.extract
> list=1-9999999 .... but I wasn't able to obtain results this way...

nothing was extracted or everything was extracted?

> do you know if there are other ways to do this???

if everything was extracted (ie internal isles have centroids + category
numbers) then 'v.extract -d' should work.

if nothing was extracted then you might have to run 'v.category option=add'.

use 'd.vect cats=1-9999999' and see what plots? isles should not be
filled or have centroid marks. ?

Hamish