[GRASSLIST:5536] Re: v.digit - editing attributes

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Wed Jan 26 18:16:01 EST 2005

> I am having trouble with v.digit when trying to add attributes to newly
> digitized points in grass6.0beta1.

 <cut>

> v.digit -n map=vectbugs bgcmd="d.rast bugsites"
> Map does not exist.
> New empty map created.
> 100%
> cat integer , name varchar ( 50 )
>
> But only on very rare occasions the attribute form opens after I digitized
> a point.

On Madrake 10.1 and 10.0 I'm having the same with any 6.0 version, both
precompiled and built from source, not only when digitizing points but any
features. However it works just ok on Mandrake 9.2, strange. I wonder
what other platforms suffer from this problem. Hey, anybody???

> I also can not display the attributes of points or centroids.

Do you mean that d.what.vect in GUI mode doesn't work? That would would be
exactly what I'm struggling with. See a bug report:
http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2927 and let us know if you have
the same problem.

> Having said that, it seems to work everytime after booting the computer.
> Is that the only way to edit attributes with v.digit, booting the system
> over and over again?
> I compiled grass6.0beta1 from source on a PC running Debian-GNU/Linux.

Developers know about this problem but were not able to reproduce it. You
can check the grass-devel for from Florian Goessmann's email from 26.01.05
17:03 containing a patch which propably *may* be a solution (though nobody
knows why it would work:)))). I'm going to try it tomorrow and will let know
how it works, didn't have time today.

Good luck and please let me know if find someway to get rid of it.
Maciek