[GRASSLIST:5535] v.digit - editing attributes

Robert S. Nuske rnuske at gwdg.de
Wed Jan 26 16:06:13 EST 2005

Hello Listers,

I am having trouble with v.digit when trying to add attributes to newly
digitized points in grass6.0beta1.

After starting a new map with v.digit I added a new column to the table and
created the table. It was confirmed by grass that the table was created
successfully.

> v.digit -n map=vectbugs bgcmd="d.rast bugsites"
Map does not exist.
New empty map created.
 100%
cat integer , name varchar ( 50 )

But only on very rare occasions the attribute form opens after I digitized a
point. I also can not display the attributes of points or centroids.

Having said that, it seems to work everytime after booting the computer. Is
that the only way to edit attributes with v.digit, booting the system over and

over again?

I compiled grass6.0beta1 from source on a PC running Debian-GNU/Linux.

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,
  Robert