[GRASSLIST:5534] 3D Trees for GRASS 6.0

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz
Wed Jan 26 15:03:05 EST 2005

Hallo there,
a year ago, I wrote a perl script, which makes vector 3D-Trees for GRASS
(5.1-5.7) 6.0.

The way, how the trees are done is following:
v.out.ascii points -> 3Dtrees  -> LOCATION/MAPSET/dig_ascii/trees.ascii,tree-crowns.ascii -> v.in.ascii trees

It would be nice, if there was someone, who would test the script a bit and who
would let me know, what could be done better etc. I'm no programmer, this was
done just for some school work, but it works.

Some screenshots can be seen on
http://home.tiscali.cz/~lesejk/grass/3D_trees_a.png
http://home.tiscali.cz/~lesejk/grass/3D_trees_b.png
http://home.tiscali.cz/~lesejk/grass/3D_trees_c.png
http://home.tiscali.cz/~lesejk/grass/buky.png
http://www.fle.czu.cz/~jachym/img/grass_debian2.png

The script can be found on
http://www.fle.czu.cz/~jachym/programs/trees-0.5.pl

Just run './trees-0.5.pl --help' to know the parameters.

Jáchym
--
Jachym Cepicky
e-mail: jachym.cepicky at centrum.cz