[GRASSLIST:5576] Re: raster reprojection lambert azimutal to lat-lon

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 31 23:06:28 EST 2005

> I've an ETOP30 subproduct with "lambert azimutal equal
> area" projection which a get in "location 1"
..
> When a try to change of projection (to lat-lon) in
> "location 2" setting my region to match the incoming
> raster with g.region w=-137.8 e=-63.2 s=10 n=80
..
> i get the following error:
> r.proj  in=altura_00 location=grasspru2
..
> ERROR: Input map is outside current region
>
> How i can do the change in projection correctly??

In the "from" (lambert) location run:
g.region rast=etop30  (or whatever map)
g.region -l

That will give you the lat/lon coordinates of the original map.
Use the greater extent of those settings (maybe a little bigger)
as the region settings in the "to" (lat-lon) location.
You can do a little math to figure out the correct resolution on the
lat/lon side (meters/(1852.*60)) (or just match rows/cols +10% or so?)
???

Hamish