[GRASSLIST:5572] Re: raster reprojection lambert azimutal to lat-lon

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 31 18:40:51 EST 2005

Miguel,
I am not sure what the problem is, but I think this solution (hack) may
work until you find the real problem.  In location 2, set your region
to the size of the northwestern hemisphere with g.region n=90 s=0 e=0
w=-180 res=00:30:00

You want a really high resolution so that this initial projection goes
fast.  Once this is done, use r.proj to bring in your file.  It should
show up as a few pixels.  Zoom into an area just outside of these
pixels with d.zoom.  Erase the file with g.remove rast=your_map.  Set
your region resolution to something more appropriate with g.region
res=00:00:03 (or whatever) and then use r.proj again.  Your map should
come in fine.

G'luck
-Ian