[GRASSLIST:7399] Re: stop ps.map from adding border

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 02:47:51 EDT 2005

> How does one get ps.map to stop drawing a black border around
> everything? All I used was vlines.
>
> Or must one rip it out of the postscript produced?
> If so, what line(s) should I delete?

Are you refering to the border lines around areas or the box that is
drawn around the map area?

Border lines around areas can be set to a color of "none" or you can
use vlines with 'type boundary' to do it. I'm not sure how PS deals with
line widths of 0, but maybe a hack way of doing it.

To get rid of the box around the map region you would need to edit the
source code or PostScript output as follows.

Comment out the following lines in ps/ps.map/ps_map.c and recompile.

    /* put border around map */
    fprintf(PS.fp, "BW\n");
    box_draw(PS.map_top  - 0.5, PS.map_bot   + 0.5,
             PS.map_left + 0.5, PS.map_right - 0.5);

or go towards the end of the PostScript file and find two lines that
look
like this & delete them.

BW
72.5 108.0 614.8 522.8 B D

(in one of my complicated ps.map output maps there was only one line
starting with "BW" so do a regex search for '^BW' to find it. Also
only occurance of "B D" so search for that too)

Hamish

ps - you may be interested to know that labels are improved lately in CVS.
(ps.map labels command, v.label, d.paint.labels)