[GRASSLIST:7401] i.rectify -- illegal resolution. Rejects res in 1000th's of a degree

Nagesh Bhatkar bnagesh at darya.nio.org
Fri Jul 1 02:57:54 EDT 2005

hello,

I have a scanned map which i want to geocode into my GRASS
lat-lon location. I figured out a lon-lat resolution
that should accomodate the data, but when I try to use
i.rectify's option to set region to minimal area, it rejects
my propsed resolution as "Illegal resolution".  I messed around
to see what it would accept, and tenths of a degree seem OK,
hundredths are OK, but it seems to reject thousandths of a degree.

Am I missing something?  How do I get a high res scanned map into lonlats

Thanking You

Regards

Nagesh V Bhatkar
Physical Oceonography Division