[GRASSLIST:7523] RE: i need references

Carlos Guâno Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:09:24 EDT 2005

I have published two papers about GRASS:

GROHMANN, C. H., 2005. Trend-surfaces analysis of morphometric parameters.
Computers & Geosciences.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2005.02.011

GROHMANN, C.H. 2004. Morphometric analysis in Geographic Information
Systems: applications of free software GRASS and R. Computers &
Geosciences, 30 (9-10):1055-1067.
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2004.08.002

If you need, I can send you the pdfs

Carlos

On 7/12/05, David Finlayson <david.p.finlayson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Start your research here:
>
> http://www.freegis.org
>
> Many of the individual projects listed on that page have references.
> There is also a book on GRASS written by Neteler and Mitasova:
>
> http://mpa.itc.it/grassbook2/
>
> That should keep you busy for a few days!
>
> David
>
> On 7/12/05, ritika at sarai.net <ritika at sarai.net> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Hi!, I am a geographer from Delhi. In my department, many 'closed' GIS
> > softwares are being used with great efficiency. However, i don't think
> > if any one's 'thinking' about it. I wish to read and then write
> > something on free GIS and geography. If anyone of you has any references
> > - articles or books - on the area of my new interest, then i'd really
> > appreciate, if you could share them with me on the list.
> >
> > I myself do not really know how to work on any of these softwares. But
> > the very idea of closed softwares and GIS sounds bit oxymoronic to me.
> >
> > waiting for enlightenment
> > ritika
> >
> > Martin Wegmann wrote:
> > > On Friday 08 July 2005 10:09, Hamish wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >

> > > thanks for the information - pretty diverse UI options.
> > > BTW on kde-apps.org did chrischan
> > > http://www.kde-apps.org/usermanager/search.php?username=crischan&PHPSESSID=ef2bde3fbf68d98f758201f8a55effc9
> > > post a message that he/she wants to code a qt interface, however I don't know
> > > the actual status.
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >

> > > I did not know that. GRASS requires a UNIX environment and hence will never be
> > > available as "*.exe"? Well, then does the Windows user world have to deal
> > > with Cygwin.
> > >
> > > thanks for clarifying these points, regards, Martin
> > >

> --
> David Finlayson
> Marine Geology & Geophysics
> School of Oceanography
> Box 357940
> University of Washington
> Seattle, WA  98195-7940
> USA
>
> Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
> Phone: (206) 616-9407
> Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays
>

> --
> David Finlayson
> Marine Geology & Geophysics
> School of Oceanography
> Box 357940
> University of Washington
> Seattle, WA  98195-7940
> USA
>
> Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
> Phone: (206) 616-9407
> Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays

              Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Guano
  Geologist M.Sc  - Doctorate Student at IGc-USP - Brazil
Linux User #89721  - carlos dot grohmann at gmail dot com