[GRASSLIST:7529] Re: Raster world map reprojection

Morten Hulden morten at untamo.net
Wed Jul 13 05:39:42 EDT 2005

Mauro Lacy wrote:

> Can someone please explain what I'm doing wrong, and what's the right
> way to do a  "whole world" import / reprojection / region setting?

When r.projing whole-world maps you should disable map-trimming with the
-n flag. Trimming is not useful here because you have to have the whole
map in memory anyway. Besides that, world "edges" are hard (or
impossible) to find in projections other than latlon so results may be
odd with trimming.

But I don't know if this is the solution to your problem.

Morten