[GRASSLIST:7572] Interior Buffers

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Sun Jul 17 10:35:02 EDT 2005

using r.buffer how might I perform an interior buffer. That is take the
outside of a raster clump (from r.clump) and make concentric internal
buffers at 100, 200, 300 meters etc?.

The use is determining a wheighted score for habitat sensitive to edge
disturbances.... check out
http://www.udel.edu/johnmack/frec682/682proj2.html  right at the end,
fourth paragraph from the bootom.

this would be a benifical discovery. I thought of using a centroid and
buffering out from that, but that is not accurate for the EDGE distaurbance

I tried using -100,-200 (no quotes) etc and also '-100' (single quote)
and "-100" (double quote). No mention in the MAN pages of 6.0 or past
versions.

Crucials:
Cygwin GRASS 6.1 CVS through Cygwin install
windows XP

don't imagine it is something on compiling as its a process that should
be inherent somewhere.

Thanks

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician   |
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds                   		|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0    |
|Lat: 44.700      Long: -76.19                            	|
|www.watersheds.ca            gis at watersheds.ca     		|