[GRASSLIST:7576] Re: Synergy between Grass/Python/GMT

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:17:10 EDT 2005

I have posted my GRASS -> GMT script on my web site (r.out.gmt.py):

http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays/scripts/

If anyone finds this useful, please send me suggestions. I will keep
working on it until it isn't such a hack.

Currently, it converts a raster, its colormap and optionally an
intensity raster (such as shaded relief) to GMT format. It then builds
a skeleton GMT plotting file that includes the raster (optionally
shaded with the intensity grid), a graticule and map decorations with
all of the tedious scale calculations already performed.

You need to edit the results to get it to look right, but the time
savings (for me) is probably close to an hour a plot over doing the
same steps manually.

David